Meet the Team
- Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society 2014,
- Physics Lecturer/teacher with experience in secondary schools and colleges since 1995.
- An amateur astronomer since the age of 9 - particularly love meteor showers and satellite spotting.
- Lead astronomer at Kielder Observatory 2013-14
- Member of Sunderland Astronomical Society.
- BSc (Hons) Geophysics & Planetary Physics, University of Newcastle Upon Tyne,
- Current DBS to work with children and adults.
- IT Manager & with nearly 30 years experience of people development and training. A keen amateur astronomer for over 40 years,
- A committee member of Sunderland Astronomical Society, Chris gives expert talks and presentations to society members and the public at the society's outreach events,
- Chris has been specialising in deep sky astrophotography for the last 5 years and is recognised as an accomplished photographer of faint distant objects using long exposure techniques,
- He is one of the lead astronomers at Battlesteads since it's opening in 2015 and hosts the monthly astrophotography courses at the observatory.
- A Northumberland National Park Starmaker from its inception, and experienced stargazing tour host,
- Over 20 years qualified science teacher and STEM educator,
- Published photographer, editor and author of Birds in Northumbria,
- He is one of the lead astronomers at Battlesteads since it's opening in 2015 and hosts the regular nightscape photography courses at the observatory.
Our Work in the Community
Astro Ventures is a social enterprise and as such we're committed to giving back to the community. Our ultimate goal is to provide free of charge astronomy sessions to local schools and children's groups. Hopefully we'll be able to do this by building up a pot of money from our ticket sales but we're also looking for donations and funds that we can access for this purpose.
If you have a children's group that you think would enjoy a stargazing session, or if you'd like to donate, then please get in touch with us - we'd love to hear from you.